care for hidden cup coral?

jmmontag

Hello, I know this may seem like a hopeless cause. I don't have time to go into great detail about my entire system, but can someone point me in the right direction?

I have identified some of the coral that came with my live rock from the gulf of Mexico. I am almost positive it is hidden cup coral. I have had it for almost a year now. I would like to take good care of it. I have a fairly low-tech system with mushrooms and zoos. I can't find much about the care except that they do not do well in captivity. Since this came on the live rock I was not expecting it.

Should I just keep doing what I am doing? It is a very delicate looking transparent tentacled ephemeral beauty:angel1:

I really like it. I almost wish I had more. They don't act like the mushrooms and zoos:scram: The shrooms and zoos spread all over.

I would attach a picture, but it is growing inside a crevice in the live rock..
In fact it took me until a couple months ago to discover it:laugh:

Thank you for any help

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
These cup corals came all over my LR from the Gulf of Mexico. They have been in my tank for over a year and a half without any death. I do not specifically feed them. I have found that they prefer to be in the shade though. IMO, they are easy to care for.

DSC_0019.jpg

goldenmean

I have them too for 8 months now.
I do occassionally give them a little piece of fresh mysis or squid and they seem to enjoy them. I believe they will sting other corals so I do not place other corals right next to them,

jmmontag

Thank You , that is exactly like what I have. I will put the rock back on top of it to shade it. I moved my palythoa rock, and " Found" the hidden cup coral underneath it. I don't have any other coral near it. I didn't realize it liked the shade. It probably was eating whatever I fed the polyps. I noticed it actually catches food like an anemone. I find the critters you get on live rock from the gulf just amazing.