Can't succeed with montipora

solpete

Hi. What am I doing wrong or is it some flatworm? Bird's nest thriving...

9.8 dKh, ca 470, Mg 1550, po4 0.01, no3 2, 28 Celsius, par 300-500 8h. Feeding rotifier. Chaeto in sump... Active carbon...

Skickat från min GT-I9505 via Tapatalk

Oxylebius

That looks like a good size monti, how long have you had it? Are both the birds nest and monti new? Is this a new issue with the birds nest?

solpete

Birds nest is fine, it's the green, monti I have issues with. Two months old from a g
Friend. But all Montis I have die

forestal

How old is your tank, what other corals are present and how many monti's have died? If the tank is older even running carbon the other corals may be inhibiting the monti with allelopathic chemicals.
What lighting were the monti's under before you got them - too much ligh or too little as a change?

Choff

Nitrates are on the high side. Is it getting enough light? Generally birds nest need less light than monti.

...stupid auto correct

solpete

I thought It was the other way, Montis feeding particles 90% light 10%...

Oxylebius

I was thinking along these same lines as above comment - Montis are pretty forgiving for sps corals and can tolerate a range on conditions, but not allelopathy.

Acclimation can also play into this. How did you acclimate the montis (all of them)?

forestal

in general soft corals can make it pretty tough to keep hard corals without a lot of space and or carbon and/or water changes. What soft corals do you have, how big is the tank. when you acclimatize how long/what is the process you use?
I have had some that don't care where in the tank i put it and others that no where in the tank is good. water flow is another factor to keep in mind - was it under high/low/turbulent prior to you getting.
I have seen some tanks that are well established become immunized against certain genus/species but a lot of the above may be more important to get more info on.