Cant find my anemone

Dylan Basalari

I put a new green bulb anemone in yesterday in the middle of my tank on a shelf and it move a couple ours later and now I can't find it any ideas

Last edited:

DaveK

Anemones often do just that. Make sure it's not headed to a filter or overflow intake. Anemones can often retract. This is not an issue for a new anemone, as long is it comes out is a few days. Other than that, leave it alone. Don't panic.

Coraljunkie

I like to feed mine as soon as it settles and attaches to rock. In my experience they've just about all stayed in the spot.

Blue Space

It'll come out when it's adjusted and finds a spot where it can attach its foot (usually between a crevice in the rock or under a ledge or bump) where the flow and light are in the optimal range for the anemone. I wouldn't try feeding until it has settled in. I rarely feed mine any more. It's still getting bigger... Too big, in fact.

StevesLEDs

RS Sponsor
GBTA's are a bit finicky as far as anemone's go. I had one that was the size of a basketball shrivel up to the size of a golf ball (later found out it wasn't enough light). That said, if you have a palm sized one, it would shrink to a very very small size, easy to loose, and easy to get sucked up into the return pump :( Usually they aren't very boyant and they roll on the sandbed when they are moving, so he's most likely stuck to the backside of a rock. He'll come out in a few days.

-Jeff