Canopy Build Help

CMG

Hello, my buddy and I made a canopy this last sat. for my aquarium. I wasnt thinking properly and we accidentaly put a piece of wood across the bottom in the back for support to keep the sides from bowing out.. This wont work because I have an overflow and return plumbing coming up over the back of the aquarium.

In order to make the canopy more stable I want to put some 90* braces on the inside on the roof and sides, this will hold the sides in and give support without using the back brace. I am wondering what types of metal will work. I dont want them to corode and pollute the tank. Or does anyone know if they make plastic ones? Thank you.

Triggerjay

But if you must use metal... I can make you some at work out of 304/SS... Give me a basic drawing of what you want with dimensions...You will have to pay the shipping of course, but I will make them for free..

Jason

CMG

Wow, you are very kind. I think I am just going to use wood blocks though. I thought maybe the metal braces would be stronger, thats all. Thanks.