candycane what is it doing?

Had this for three weeks today...this is what it looked like a week ago

coral1.jpg

This is what it looks like this morning...notice the "scales"
cc1.jpg

Whats going on with it? Fed it last night, calcium is high salinity is high, did a water change today 15-20 percent with fresh water. Not sure whats going on. Shaz

catran

How high is your sg and calcium. Also, what are your nitrate/phosphate levels? It doesn't look good at all. Not sure it will make it.

Reddog170

It looks to be shedding flesh. Not much you can do at this point. It might come back, but not likely. Check your params and correct any that are out of wack. Shaun

Salinity was way to high. Like off the hydrometer high. Ammonia is 0 nitrates are almost off the chart, nitrite 0 ph 8.2 temp is 78. Phosphates were .10 which is why I did the water change. Calcium was 520...which I dont understand I havent supplemented the tank. So 20 percent water change on monday.... Current values are SP 1.023 salinty 31 hydrometer. Nitrates havent changed much, but useing a dip stick 5 in one for them not sure I like them. Got the better light but not sure what NEW growth looks like so I dont know if it is doing better. Shaz

Thespivster

Are you topping off with salt water? If so that's the reason for the high salinity. When water evaporates, the salt does not...you should top off with fresh water.

been working at the tank and doing one gallon water changes daily, I think my issues are going away slowly. This is what the candy cane looks like now...is it comming back?
c6.jpg

Robzilla

It looks like it is coming back. Just make sure you continue go slow. Too quick of a change will cause big problems. What type of water are you using? You could have very high levels of calcium in your tap water if that is what you are using.

nope useing RO, or saltmix in RO. Stopped useing tap water a few weeks ago figureing that is what was raiseing the phosphourus. Calcium right now is sitting at 460

Robzilla

The calcium was probably a combination of your tap water and salt mix. Good job and keep up the water changes!