Canadians Beware Frag-A-Lot.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

nebthet

I hate to make this my first post to this forum, however I feel all people deserve to know what is happening between myself and Burc in regards to my order with him which he has chosen not to resolve and to date has yet to do so. He has even stopped replying to my emails.

When I first ordered the set of frags on July 5th, I order a sun coral and 6 sps frags.
I didn't get my order for a couple of weeks. When I did receive it, I was missing the sun coral I ordered and was not informed by Burc that I would not be receiving it.

When I received the corals, they had been freshly cut, glued and shipped. Their colors were pale when I received them and a couple of them already had tissue loss, but I hoped they would make it.
After drip acclimating them for 5 hours, they were already loosing more tissue. Within 24 hours. They were all pretty much dead. in addition to this, the colours of the corals, did not match what I ordered, save for 2 of them.

I emailed Burc about this, and after a couple emails back and forth, he quit responding. I spent three days sending new emails and still he did not respond.

I got fed up and because I paid through paypal, I created a claim.
He then responded stating he had sent me an email, for which I never received.
I sent him the pics I have of the dead corals and he said he would replace them.

He informed me he would send those out on the next Monday. In the email again I asked him to please include the sun coral.

Monday came.. no order. No email from Burc. I had to send him an email and ask him what happened.
He told me he didn't get the chance to send them. He then told me he would ship them on Thursday for a Friday delivery.

I said ok. I will wait.

Friday came and what a disappointment.
The box was wet when delivered. Fedex noted it on their delivery slip.
FedEx Shipment 796819533994

I should have gone with my gut instinct and not accepted the delivery because of the wet box. But I took it anyways, hoping the corals would be ok.

No such luck.

When I opened the box I nearly hurled at the rank stench.
All of the bags on the inside had leaked, and while the frags he was giving me were the encrusted ends of left over colonies. They were all dead or in the process of dying. Nothing could survive in stench like that.

I couldn't believe it.

Again, there were sps in there which did not match what I ordered and no sun coral yet again.

So I emailed Burc immediately and informed him of the damaged and asked him what frags he sent as I didn't recognize them.

Here is the email:

On 1-Aug-09, at 10:46 AM, BURC UCAK wrote:

Hi Sarah,
*I marked the bags with number i did pay more attention to your order to get the right ones for you.*Thats why i marked the bags with number.*They werent frags they were my*grow out peices. Thats why they have encrusted base.

Subject: Re: Order issues. Sbaker Belleville. Paypal dispute# 750-985-761
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 10:10:54 -0400
To: bucak@sympatico.ca

Hi Burc,

Quick update.

Three of the frags did not make it over night. The Bonsai, the pale brown one, which didn't look like any of the colour of the corals I ordered and the larger brown one that also didn't look like any of the corals I ordered.

I have taken pictures of these. Once I get the chance to upload them I will send them to you.

Ms. Baker.

---------------
Unfortunately, Burc did not reply to my issue of the damage of the order on shipment. At all.
I have since emailed him back letting him know all these are dead due to the shipping and rancid water.
I am trying to download a driver or iphoto for my mac to be able to send him the pics while my pc is in at the shop being fixed.
I am still waiting for a response.

I sent him another email a couple days later, and now that I am at my mothers I was able to upload my images to send to him.

Here is the email I sent.

Burc,

Here are the images showing the damage to the box caused by leaking. The DOA frags and especially the colour of the water that was in the bags of the frags as can be seen in the bucket shot. Also, as you can see by the pictures, the bags were not numbered.

I would appreciate a quick fix and response to this.

At this time I am not so sure I am willing to want to get anymore sps frags from you, however I am willing to substitute them for Zoa frags for which I have never had an issue with the ones I received from you in the past. I believe that would be the best and quickest resolution.

Please advise.

Ms. Sarah Baker

-------------------------

Here are the images I sent with the email.

You can clearly see the wet underside of the box.
fragalotbox07-31-2009.jpg

Box unopened with shipping label.
fragalotbox207-31-2009.jpg

Bagged in the box
fragbox07-31-2009.jpg

Bagged in bags
fragbag107-31-2009.jpg

fragbag207-31-2009.jpg

fragbag407-31-2009.jpg

fragbag607-31-2009.jpg

This one definately leaked
fragbag307-31-2009.jpg

These are the frags in their rancid water in the bucket.
Look how dirty that water is!!!
fragsbucket07-31-2009.jpg

The frags in my system.. dead, no coming back from this
fragsdead1.jpg

fragsdead2.jpg

fragsdead3.jpg

I would have thought that after seeing the pictures Burc would have contacted me to resolve this. I was willing to pic something different, something I know would not due on its way in shipping due to cut, glue and ship methods.

Unfortunately, Burc has continued to refuse to respond.

Here is the email sequence between him and me.

Burc,

This is my third email to you after not receiving a response. This is unacceptable from a business point of view.

I am trying to resolve this honestly with you, however you are making this extremely difficult.

If you do not wish to resolve this, then please refund my order minus the shipping fee. Otherwise I will be forced to file a complaint with the Ontario Provincial Police for fraud and take you to Small Claim Court to get my money back.

I wish to resolve this peaceably, but your refusal to answer my complaints and resolve this finally is making it extremely difficult and is disappointing.

Ms. Sarah

On 13-Aug-09, at 12:48 AM, Sarah wrote:

Hello Burc,

I am emailing you again as I have not received a response from you over the past three business days after sending you the photo proof and information showing this order was indeed delivered to me damaged and the corals were dead when I received them.

I would appreciate getting this issue resolved in a timely manner, so that this can be done and finished on both of our ends.

Thank you.
Ms. Sarah

On 8-Aug-09, at 9:51 PM, <sb> wrote:

Burc,

Here are the images showing the damage to the box caused by leaking. The DOA frags and especially the colour of the water that was in the bags of the frags as can be seen in the bucket shot. Also, as you can see by the pictures, the bags were not numbered.

I would appreciate a quick fix and response to this.

At this time I am not so sure I am willing to want to get anymore sps frags from you, however I am willing to substitute them for Zoa frags for which I have never had an issue with the ones I received from you in the past. I believe that would be the best and quickest resolution.

Please advise.

Ms. Sarah B

To:
Subject: RE: Order issues. Sb Belleville. Paypal dispute# 750-985-761
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 14:46:27 +0000

Hi Sarah,

I marked the bags with number i did pay more attention to your order to get the right ones for you. Thats why i marked the bags with number. They werent frags they were my grow out peices. Thats why they have encrusted base.

Subject: Re: Order issues. Sb Belleville. Paypal dispute# 750-985-761
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 10:10:54 -0400

Hi Burc,

Quick update.

Three of the frags did not make it over night. The Bonsai, the pale brown one, which didn't look like any of the colour of the corals I ordered and the larger brown one that also didn't look like any of the corals I ordered.

I have taken pictures of these. Once I get the chance to upload them I will send them to you.

Ms. B.

On 31-Jul-09, at 7:58 PM, Sarah Baker wrote:

Hello Burc,

I just wanted to inform you the frags were delivered this morning, however the box was damaged and leaking. FedEx notated this on the delivery and you can view that online.

I did take pictures of the bags. I am still acclimating the corals, slowly, hoping they will survive. With the leaking bag and everything though, the water was extremely rank smelling. I also noticed there was still no sun coral frag in there.

I will keep you posted over the next couple of days while I allow the frags to acclimate to my system.
I am crossing my fingers that the leaking and damage didn't cause any permanent damage.

Sarah.

On 29-Jul-09, at 12:46 PM, BURC UCAK wrote:

Hello

Sorry we couldnt get your shipment out monday. Its going out tomorrow for friday arrival.

Thanks

Subject: Re: Order issues. Sb Belleville. Paypal dispute# 750-985-761
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 21:25:29 -0400

I look forward to receiving the delivery tomorrow.
I will let you know how they are when they get here.

Sarah

----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Friday, July 24, 2009 5:09 PM
Subject: RE: Order issues. Sb Belleville. Paypal dispute# 750-985-761

Thank you. I will get your replacement shipment out on monday.

Thank You

----------------------------------

So, any one wishing to deal with this seller, please be aware there are issues and I am not the only one having them. Other forums such as canreef and local forums where this sellers is a sponsor have reported the same issues with the seller refusing to respond and resolve.

I am just hoping that letting others know my experience they may save themselves the problems I have gone through with this seller.

If you have had similar problems with this seller, please feel free to post your experience here too.

BigNate

Just to let you know. I have had problems with this guy too. I drove to guelph to pick up a tonne of frags for my 90 g tank. All the frags were decent. Corals are thriving. However, each of them after a cpl weeks became just covered in Green bubble algae. His tanks must be swarming with it. I have 38 things I added to my tank in total. the 12 from him all had the algae and now I am battling it. I wouldn't have posted this, however, when I visited him in guelph, he said to email him about a Rose BTA. I did. And I did again, and again. And this guy just decided to never respond. Like as if I wasn't worth his time. Making me feel like a crazy stalker or something. Dealing with him wasn't cool, and I wish I coudl go back and take back my purchases. He was pretty ignorant about it, and your post does not surprise me. I think he believes he is so successful that who cares about individuals. I kinda hope he fails .
N

My Max

Thank you so much for this thread, I have considered buying from him but do not want to infect my tank or have dead corals arrive.
I have already trusted a store and had a terrible experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.