Can They Survive Without Mh150w

mohd

My tank is just 150L lighting with
-12,000K daylight
- Blue spectrum for reef keeping
- Philips essential 23 watts (125 light output) 6,500k 1420 Lumen ( 2 packs )
Can my animone be survived with such items descriped above that without MH150 W like my country petshop adviced me.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
If I understand your light description above to be normal output bulbs... then NO, those will not sustain an anemone.

What type of anemone is it? How deep is your tank?

mohd

Woodstock said:
If I understand your light description above to be normal output bulbs... then NO, those will not sustain an anemone.

What type of anemone is it? How deep is your tank?
my tank only 18 inches deep

BoomerD

Anemones, especially ones like you have, require VERY intense lighting. You DO NOT have enough lighting to sustain an anemone long term. Metal halide lighting should indeed be considered if you want to keep the animal long term, BUT, you will have to plan for the added heat from the increased lighting.

mohd

BoomerD said:
Anemones, especially ones like you have, require VERY intense lighting. You DO NOT have enough lighting to sustain an anemone long term. Metal halide lighting should indeed be considered if you want to keep the animal long term, BUT, you will have to plan for the added heat from the increased lighting.

Then what kind of animone I can keep with the lighting I descripted above?
How did you mean by keeping in long term? 6 months 1 years or more?

mohd

BoomerD said:

Then what kind of animone I can keep with the lighting I descripted above?
How did you mean by keeping in long term? 6 months 1 years or more?

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
First we need to identify your anemone. Do you have a pic ? Can you describe it ? Do you have clowns being hosted by the Anemone ?

BoomerD

Robert, I see you've caught up to the other thread by now. Sure looks like a ritteri...
Mohd, NONE of the anemones will live long with the kind of lighting you describe above. Long term, is a year, 5 yrs, 10 yrs, or more. Anemones live for decades, maybe even centuries, no one seems to know for sure how long, but keeping one alive for 6 months or a year, isn't considered success. I agree with the advice given in your other thread, take the anemone back to the LFS. It's what is best for the animal...Anemones also require a very stable, mature tank, with the most common recommendations being a year or more since it cycled...Sounds like your's is still fairly new. Another reason to take the anemone back, and wait. That also gives you time to save up for the right lights, as well as time to learn more about the requirements and care of them.

mohd

cheeks69 said:
First we need to identify your anemone. Do you have a pic ? Can you describe it ? Do you have clowns being hosted by the Anemone ?

Attachments

• Re-exposure of ct.jpg
    Re-exposure of ct.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 14

mohd

BoomerD said:
Robert, I see you've caught up to the other thread by now. Sure looks like a ritteri...
Mohd, NONE of the anemones will live long with the kind of lighting you describe above. Long term, is a year, 5 yrs, 10 yrs, or more. Anemones live for decades, maybe even centuries, no one seems to know for sure how long, but keeping one alive for 6 months or a year, isn't considered success. I agree with the advice given in your other thread, take the anemone back to the LFS. It's what is best for the animal...Anemones also require a very stable, mature tank, with the most common recommendations being a year or more since it cycled...Sounds like your's is still fairly new. Another reason to take the anemone back, and wait. That also gives you time to save up for the right lights, as well as time to learn more about the requirements and care of them.

Sorry for that! I accept all concept and suggestion, If you had any private message please email to me directly at : smrbkk@yahoo.com.sg
Today I just ground rock and broken caral over my sand area of my tank. Yah! Look my animone more happy and they just find out the most suitable point.