Can these Yuma be saved?

dragonladylea

Got these today and they are excreting a brown slime, is there anything I can do for them? Are they salvagable? Any suggestions appreciated.

yuma.jpg

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Where they shipped a long distance? They could just be stressed?
Make sure your water parameters are good and that nothing close by that is stinging them. Also, a sudden change to strong lighting will stress them too.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
They could be expelling zooxanthella releasing Gametes or pooping...lol
Ricordia are hardy so give them time they should be fine.

dragonladylea

Sorry to say these did not make it, they completely melted away. I had them shipped 2-day so next time I will make sure I have overnight delivery I guess.

Gina

RS STAFF
Sorry to hear that!
I wonder if there is any flesh left on the rock if it could grow again or come back like a shroom?

lcstorc

My Xenia came back long after I thought it was gone. Of course i've even had fish missing for over 3 weeks only to show up for dinner one night. LOL
They could come back.
JMHO

Charlie97L

what kind of lighting do you have?

i know my rics get pouty when i put them too high up. they do really like lower light.

dragonladylea

Charlie,
They never made it into the my tank, had them in a seperate small tank with just a reqular pc light and light water flow to keep the slime from suffocating them. They came in from the mail that way, I quess I wont do two day shipping anymore I'm pretty sure I am gonna lose the whole shipment not just the yuma, zoa, paly and gsp arent opening at all.