Calcium reactor upgrade

Schwa

The impeller on the mag 5 pump I use on my calcium reactor for recirculation decided to break so I am going to try the fractionating impeller available for it. I am thinking it will break up the co2 bubbles better and therefore making it more efficient at co2 usage. I will of course publish my findings in the next couple weeks
Has anyone else tried anything like this?
It may flop or not make any difference at all but for the 12 bucks for the impeller it was worth the shot and it has been something I have pondered for a while as to me it only makes sense that it would disperse the co2 better.

rgfast

I don't have cal reator yet but plan on that being next major up grade will follow long to see how it works

Schwa

I built one www.melevsreef.com/dj88.htm. It works awesome and with the way its built and operates there is no problem with co2 getting back into your system after it does its job.
I think a calcium reactor is beneficial to any reef tank even if you dont have a bunch of stonies. You will notice a increase in corraline growth and improve the health of oyur whole system in general
When you get one I would strongly suggest a different co2 controller than the Milwaukee sms122. They a real pain to get dialed in correctly. I use my Aquacontroller jr to control my co2 and getting the set points exact is a piece of cake with it. THe Milwaukee I use only to monitor my system ph any more.

rgfast

thanks I looked at melevsreef before an think I will take second look now thats where I bought my ro/di from