Ca Reactor decision making help

JurisHP

I have decided to get a Ca reactor. I've been doing A LOT of research and have narrowed my choices to the following:

Either a Reef Octopus dual chamber CR3000D or a GEO C618;

10# C02 tank;

A C02 regulator Aquariumplants.com Electronic Co2 Regulator (with 8 digit LCD Counter)

Which Reactor is better? It seems that most experts suggest a dual chamber, and GEO does not have that.

I have a Neptune Systems Apex controller. Do I still need a separate pH Controller? If so, which is considered the best?

Have I missed anything that I need?

DaveK

...Have I missed anything that I need?

It looks like you have your project rather well though out. Before you spend the money though, make sure you really need a calcium reactor, and it's going to make a quantum improvement in your system. Usually you only need a calcium reactor when you have a tank that is fairly large, and a lot of SPS corals.

This is the sort of item that is only going to help if all the basic equipment is up to par. If you have substandard lighting or filtration, your much better off spending the money in those areas.

You should be able to use the pH controller that is part of the Apex controller. The only possible issue here is if your currently using that part of your controller now to control pH in the tank. The pH probe for a calcium reactor goes in the reactor system, so it can no longer measure the tank's pH.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
The dual chamber is a good option and as Mike said, you can use the apex to control the ph as long as you have room to add the ph probe.