C250: Pump for Coralife 1/6 chiller to fit

lferrero

Hello Red Sea Reefers,
i am in need of advice because i need to find a pump for the Coralife 1/6 HP chiller with proper flow rate and that will fit inside the chamber. Any suggestions pls? :help1:

CDMSeaLife

What's the recommended flow rate for the Coralife 1/6? The Sicce Sycra 2 might fit turned on its side. I did find pump that would fit on Amazon.com; it's the ViaAqua VA 306 Submersible Water Pump, but it's not well known and I don't know how dependable it is. I did research for JBJ 1/6, but I finally gave up and went with the JBJ 1/10 chiller and the Sicce 1.5 pump. Good luck.

Last edited:

CDMSeaLife

The Sicce 1/5 is a 375 flow rate it will fit. I was advised you have to take into consideration how far chiller has to pump, usually about three feet, because it effects flow rate.

Last edited:

pablomay28

Coralife 1/6 flow rate is 325-550 gal I use a TAAM RIO HF10 rated at 660gal with the hose climb it is closer to the low reange required by the chiller and it fits perfectly in the chamber. I have mine all the way at the bottom wht the return hose from the chiller close to the water intake of pump#2. I am considering going with and Iwaki external pump to replace both the red sea and taam pumps and transfer that heat out of the tank to ease the load on the chiller.

If you want I can post some pictures when I get home.

CDMSeaLife

Coralife 1/6 flow rate is 325-550 gal I use a TAAM RIO HF10 rated at 660gal with the hose climb it is closer to the low reange required by the chiller and it fits perfectly in the chamber. I have mine all the way at the bottom wht the return hose from the chiller close to the water intake of pump#2. I am considering going with and Iwaki external pump to replace both the red sea and taam pumps and transfer that heat out of the tank to ease the load on the chiller.

If you want I can post some pictures when I get home.

I would love it if you posted pictures. Probably dumb question but where do you put the external pump?

pablomay28

I would love it if you posted pictures. Probably dumb question but where do you put the external pump?

When i purchased my RSM 250 used the guy had a mag 7 connected to the out partof the chiller but it was loud and hot. The plastic pump casing was kind of blue because of the heat so i got the internal pump. If i get the Iwaki i will hook up the hose from the tank to the pump and then from pump to chiller then back to the nozzle where pump #2 would be. Just an idea if anyone is running something similar please chime in.

pablomay28

Please post the photos, it will be very helpful.
Thank you!

Will do. I just ordered a EHEIM 3000 adjustable pump it can work externally and internally and fit inside the chamber. Either way I will eliminate both current pumps and use just the EHEIM. I will post current set up pictures and then pictures with the EHEIM when I get it tomorrow.

Danreef

Will do. I just ordered a EHEIM 3000 adjustable pump it can work externally and internally and fit inside the chamber. Either way I will eliminate both current pumps and use just the EHEIM. I will post current set up pictures and then pictures with the EHEIM when I get it tomorrow.

I do have the same pump in my RSM 250 for my JBJ 1/10. But LFerrero has a C 250. There is another thread with the same pump issue.

Do you have the C-250 or the 250 ?

If you have the C 250 your posting will help the other guy too.

pablomay28

Here are the pictures.

This one is the TAAM pump on the bottom.

This is the stock RSM 250 pump

This is my chiller and sterilizer

Sorry for the quality of the pictures hopefully when I get my EHEIM in tomorrow I can get some better ones with less wires and less tubing

pablomay28

Sorry I thought it was a regular 250. That is what I have. How big is the chamber in the C250 compared to the regular 250?

kkcdad

Huh? Interesting change of heart I guess