C-Balance

heels92

I just bought C-balance. I have been using Seachem's Reef Builder to buffer up my alk. Hey my alk just measured at 5 dkh. I know low. My calcium is at 430. Can I raise my alk buy just adding one part b or c to balance it out?...Or should i just use the reef builder to build it up and use C-Balance to maintain it?

GSELLERS

Has been struck by the ban stick
5? thats very low. IMO....get a 2 part solution. My favorite is oceans blend.

wait he bought a 2 - part " c-Balance" and 5 DKH is low . are you sure its not meq/l ? because 5 meq/l is better ?

its best to use the two part as a 2 part . becuase if you added a bunch of alk supplement it would lower you cal .

raise it slowly by adding 2-part ever day . then maitian it by dosing as needed

sorry did not know this post was 4 months old lol

fatman

Has been struck by the ban stick
Just go to http://www.reefchilis.com and buy a two part supplement premixed in bulk. Or buy the ingrediants from them in bulk and make your own mixes as per Randy Holmes-Farley's recipes. There is a calculator online that tells you exactly how much of each supllement to use to adjust your calcium, alkalinity and magnesium levels. It gives dosages for his mixes or for all the common brands of two part supplements as well as Kalkwasser and such.

Randy's supplements and the calcualtor for dosages si at this link: An Improved Do-it-Yourself Two-Part Calcium and Alkalinity Supplement System by Randy Holmes-Farley - Reefkeeping.com