Buying live rock: what's the best source

I'm setting up a new RSM 130D next month. Do I buy LR from a LFS or is there a better route to go?

Not as concerned about cost (within reason) as much as quality.

Thanks,

goldenboy

michael_cb_125

I have purchased rock from many different sources and I can say that Premiumaquatics has the best rock by far.

They call their rock "southeast asian specialty live rock" and it really is primo rock. I have used it in five tanks now and it has been the same every time.....awesome.

The rock has tons of live and the coraline coverage is phenominal.

Give them a call to order it and they will hand pick what you are looking for.

Beth is who you will talk to and she is very helpful. You may also get to speak with Mac, the owner. :)

~Michael

qsligh

I got my LR & LS from Live Rock - Tampa Bay Saltwater Aquacultured Live Rock. I purchased the "package" and it is a great deal. One reason why I like it is the fact that you only get a part of your LR & LS to cycle your tank and then after the tank is cycled, Rich sends you the remaining LR and cleaning crew. My tank took about 3.5 weeks to cycle and I'm awaiting my last shipment of LR & critters. In the meantime, I've noticed coral growing on my rock as well as feathers. Check it out.

panmanmatt

I have purchased rock from many different sources and I can say that Premiumaquatics has the best rock by far.

They call their rock "southeast asian specialty live rock" and it really is primo rock. I have used it in five tanks now and it has been the same every time.....awesome.

The rock has tons of live and the coraline coverage is phenominal.

Give them a call to order it and they will hand pick what you are looking for.

Beth is who you will talk to and she is very helpful. You may also get to speak with Mac, the owner. :)

~Michael

Michael, I believe you are talking about Pacific East Aquaculture and not Premium Aqautics.

Pacific East is Dr Mac and he does have great LR and for a great price.
https://www.pacificeastaquaculture.com/ShowProductCategory.aspx?CategoryId=5