buying a 125 gal half moon tank

jsgarrido

hello my fellow reefers ,
im in the prosses of buying a 125gal half moon tank. Do you guys think it would be good for my fish in this tank, its 4 feet wide. i dont have any experince with half moon aquariums but is the view better then if it was a flat glass and i have a magnetic algea scruber, would i still be able to clean with it or do i need all new equipment for it. its a really nice tank but i dont want to regret it at the end. my fish are getting big so i need a bigger tank, this tank would be for the long run so dont want to have to purchase another in my life time or the fishes life time.

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
I love the look of curved glass tanks. I had a 90g quarter moon, corner tank and i loved how the fish/corals looked in it....my only gripe was how tough cleaning curved glass can be. flat magnetic scrubbers wont do the trick. I finally had to resort to a razor blade on a short handle, ie pait scraper, to clean it. They are beautiful, but a royal pain to clean. The other issue, duno bout yours, but my 90g corner, i had to lay a 2x12 across the top to lay on when doing rockwork or scraping the overflow/back corners.