Buried conch

Octoman

My fighting conch buried himself amongst the feather duster garden about four or five days ago. He usually buries himself at night, but this time he didn't come back out. Is this normal behavior?

I did see him poking his eyes out yesterday. The sand was starting to turn a little green with some algae growth without his normal grazing, and I was worried maybe he was stuck (although I'm sure that's not very likely). So I eased him up out of the sand and told him to "get back to cleaning!", he's been happily cleaning since...

Does anyone else's conchs bury themselves for extended periods of time? Any idea what he was up to?

conch.jpg

tippMANn98

Has been struck by the ban stick
i'll bet that he moved when you weren't looking...hey..i have that same kind of shroom at the top of that pic in my tank...I call it the "Camo Caribbean"

BarbMazz

HA! Love those eye stalks coming out of the sand :bouncer:

As usual, I have no answer for you, but I love the picture! :tumble:

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
I don't see mine for weeks. Just when I've given up on them, there is one right out in front!

Varga

hey did those cluster dusters just appear on their own or did you put them in there. they are cool. those eyes sticking out are just funny

Octoman

Well, if he wants to loaf around and sleep all day:zzz:, then he needs to find someone to clean the sand for him... I'm not running a "free lunch" operation here.

wonderloss

Sometimes mine will remain immobile for days at a time, then other times he seems to be constantly on the move.

BarbMazz

Well, if he wants to loaf around and sleep all day:zzz:, then he needs to find someone to clean the sand for him... I'm not running a "free lunch" operation here.

Sheesh! There are those "high standards" raising their ugly heads again! :poke: :makefun: