Bug ID for the Gurus

ChrisOaty

Hi all, I'm about to set up my 40b and seed it with liverock that's been in my little 10g for a few months. I was excited because I finally saw little isopods scurrying around at night time but at a closer glance I also found little round white bugs too. I have never seen these before and at first I thought my Purigen net had a hole in it because they are exactly the size and shape of a purigen bead. To my surprise they crawled around though. I've tried taking pictures but they are just too small. They are pure white. They don't seem to be congregating in any particular area but are really only visible at night. I really want to start my 40b with quality rock, void of any pests that may harm future coral purchases, so help would be greatly appreciated.

ChrisOaty

Thank you for the reply. I've been through those sites as well as a couple others to no avail. I can't capture any pictures currently as they aren't really out during the day. I've tried before and they are just so small. They look EXACTLY like purigen beads.

ChrisOaty

Anybody? =/ I've already gotten the water and cleaned the 40b and everything's ready, but if I have to boil these rocks because of some nasty critters, I will. They look like perfect spheres, all white.

ChrisOaty

I didn't mean to sound rude at all, but his guess just didn't match my description at all. It's more of a serious matter for me so if it was an honest guess, thank you. Otherwise, poking fun wont help me much. My rock isn't exactly against the glass and the critters are so small it's hard to get a picture, but I'll try again tonight.

steved13

PREMIUM
I'm guessing Robert has either seen them rolled up into white balls, or he honestly missed that part of your post.

How about scooping one out and taking a pic on the counter or something?