bubbles on rock

brackish10

is this amount of bubbles on my lr normal? it seems to happen every day in the late afternoon. and in the spot that is most under direct light. or could it be attributed to the brown algea that is on my rocks?
CAM01151.jpg

Also, my tank is outlined in my signature, would it be ok to add an algea feeder like a blenny? or would it eventually kick due to limited space? i have a very persistent algea growth. Not horrible, but i scrape my glass 3x a week. and it mostly blows around and ends up settling on the bottom. what does go on the overflow is eaten by my snails so i dont stress that. but i wonder if a blenny would sustain on the copious amounts that end up on my rock and substrate

The bubbles are normal when you have an algae problem. You may want to have a look at water parameters and lighting levels for the route cause. Then you can determine a plan of attack.

I am not sure on US Gallon volumes as compared to litres, but would imagine your tanks are fully stocked unless you have over rated equipment. You also need to take fish compatibility into account as this is more important in smaller tanks.

roearth

I had the same issue on a couple of rocks and bought some turbo snails to help.I thought flow was part of the problem so adjusted the rock work and concentrated on water quality.it cleared up and hasn't come back but took some time to fix.

mikecc

If its a new tank it could just be the tail end of your cycle. Nitrogen collects until it forms enough of a bubble to escape your tank and into the atmosphere, eventually to return to the earth with the rain to be taken up by the crops that you eat in order to maintain enough energy to hold down a job so that you can earn enough money to spend at the LFS.

Or maybe not.

brackish10

upon further investigation I've found it to be just nuisance algae. im thinking about more snails. perhaps another 4 astreas. unfortunately, skimming is something id like to do, but lack real estate. the biocube protein skimmer i got takes up way too much space. im working on selling it locally. i only put it in for like 5 mins. lol. i neef something rediculously small. maybe fit in/on my breeder box refugium.

magnum

That is what happen to me just before a huge Cyanobacteria outbreak. too me a while to get it under control cleaned all the Cyano off with a toothbrush and use a turkey baster to clear the bubbles a couple times a week.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I dealt with bubbles in the evening hours for SEVERAL WEEKS....just did all I could using a turkey baster to keep it blown off of the few corals I had in the tank at that time. Increased the water flow helped but it was all just part of NEW TANK algae cycles. I think I had more than normal, maybe it just seemed like I did tho :yup:
Siphon off what you can during routine WCs and wait it out, it will run it's course. Hang in there!