BTA bleached?

kathywithbirds

Tim's bubble tip anem finally came out, he hasn't seen it in weeks. He's gone for another 2 1/2 weeks, should I feed this thing? He hasn't while he didn't see it, I think he forgot about it, it's a big tank.

It looks quite white to me, there's a touch of greenishness on its tips when it scrunches itself up real tight. Nothing is hosting, he has 2 percs and a tomato.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Try blowing a little mysis at it see if it sticks, could be touch and go if its been out of the lights and hiding. Good luck.steve

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
How much and what kind of light on the tank? Yes you should feed it. If it has lost its zooanthellae (sp) then it needs a food source.

kathywithbirds

ummm, I don't know how many gallons but it's 24 inches high, he's got 3 MH spaced out, I believe they're 14K 150 watts. I know he just ordered 250s but they're on back order, they're some weird overseas company, pretty cheap comparatively but he knows what he's doing there.

kathywithbirds

next dumb question: do they scrunch up when they have food? He settled in an awkward spot, tried to shoot mysis at him with a turkey baster, I know it flowed over him but I only saw two teeny little bits on him. There's 2 whole shrimp right below him within an inch, if he spreads again will he seek them out if he's hungry? His mouth is clearly defined, he has fewer "tentacles" than I'd have thought and his foot is a light brown. It blows up huge when he moves and fills it with water, but I haven't seen the tentacle part of him blossom out real big. He squeezed through a TINY little hole earlier, took him the better part of 3 hours. (I like Tim's computer : )

Yarr

Im having the same issues with one of mine. I will try moving him mor eintot he current a bit as he has moved into a dead spot so wont be pickin up much food. Target feeding is definately the way to go.

meandean45

Hi Kathy

Try placing a silversides on the BTAs' tentacles, close to her mouth. I fit won't stick, or she won't take it,you probably have a very ill Anemone on your' hands. She should eat it greedily, and quickly. Dentoid's right, if she's lost her Zooanthellae, she most definitely needs to be fed. Good luck!

Regards,
Dean

Last edited:

kathywithbirds

OK, so does anyone have a video or pics of a BTA eating? I think he's eating -- and it's silversides, nothing else gets a response. I chop up the silversides until little pieces fit into the plastic syringe (big one) and I stick my hand in there and direct-hit him. (her, whatever.) It scrunches up like a victorian dress over petticoats, the bubbles on the tentacles hanging out a bit.