Brown bubble algae

Their is some brown hair bubble Algae and it's growing on many places in my tank and I want to know how to get rid of it I seen my yellow tang on a little of it and I also have some cyano bacteria only a little bit and I'm using chemi clean and I have a 29 gallon reef tank with a yellow tang a fire fish and two clownfish. My nitrates are probably about 30 and everything else is ok.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Can't remember how old your tank is, but I can tell you that I HAD IT BAD it was part of my "new tank syndrome" and I fought it for quite some time. The good news is, It will go away.
Is usually gets worse in the evenings when it's almost time for the light cycle to in?? That's how mine did EVERYDAY...drove me batty.
What I did: used a turkey baster to blow it off of any corals it is on, increased my flow, did a bigger WC & siphoned off what I could while it persisted....shorten my light cycle (but I'm not sure that had an effect?). Just hang in there & try not to panic. It's not fun, feel bad for you :(

Tigersref

if its been up since January, then something else is going on in your tank. More info (water parameters, equipment, feeding frequency) would help the experts give ya advice.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
+1^ it would seem you should running smoother by now. :ponder2:
My tank has been up & running since that very same day & I think I've about gotten through all the new tank syndrome. Just battling the green bubble algae now...it's not fun either. :(
Post more info so maybe someone can chime in with :help: some help.

I have an eshopps sump and a coralife super skimmer 65 and I have a coralife Ho 2 10000k and 2 actinic bulbs and my protein skimmer it broke I guess the bubbles are not making it to the top of the collection cup and I took it out and when it was working the microbibbles were bad I couldn't even see into my tank and also this week in going to get some phosphate remover pillow thing and I don't have a test kit for the phosphate yet