Brown algae outbreak

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
A separate conversation broke out in the Top 5 Reasons Reefers Drop Out thread on FB. Here's the Q/A that we've had so far, and I want to open this up to the members to give some feedback:

Sep 22, 1:17pm
The problem is I don't know what the problem is. I would love to get feed backmy tank just broke out with brown hair algy it seems I get one thing fixed and two days later another problem comes up. I just started paying a local guy 45 bucks every two weeks to take care of it now so I hope that helps me

ReefSanctuary.com: We're on it! A few questions: what size is your tank? How old is your tank? How many fish are in your tank? How often are you feeding and what are you feeding? What are your current water parameters for ammonia, nitrate, phosphate? This should be enough to get some answers for you!

0:07am
72 gallon bow front it's about 1 1/2 years old I have three small fish and two cleaner shrimp two brittle stars I'm feeding every five days Brime shrimp and two silver sides to the start fish in not sure of parameters of water I'll check that on Wednesday when the tank gets checked by the guy that cleans the tall for me also I know have a brown hair algy break out

jsgarrido

i had a bad case of dinoflagellates or calothrix i know its one of them :bugout: i try everything from water changes and using red slime remover but nothing worked . but i read that many people used the 3 days no light and used the microbacter 7 . i tried it and all of it is all gone i dont see any algea forming and my whole tank and corals are doing great.:smirk: