Brought my Grand Daughter to Chuky Cheese

Paul B

We are watching Greta for a couple of days so we decided to take her to Chucky Cheese. I think they have these things all over the country. I have not been there as when my Daughter was young, my wife used to bring her with her friends.
The place is huge like a Home Depot on steroids. There were at least 1,000 kids who were "not" there, out of the 4 million kids that live on Long Island.
All of the rest of them were there and a good portion of them were playing this machine gun game which was positioned about 3' from my left ear. The thing had two machine guns on it and they never took a break.
Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, ba,ban,bag,agn,aang,,. etc.
After a few minutes I even tried to jump in front of one of them to blow my brains out as I was getting flashbacks, but of course that didn't work.
I tried to get some food but they don't really serve anything that I would eat. I am sure the food is very good if you eat that sort of thing, but I don't. They don't really serve any seafood and the closest thing to that would be fried chicken wings. There was a salad bar but with all the little hands there it did not tempt me to much although I did have some spinach.
Greta loves the Pizza and ate an entire one herself.
Chucky Cheese himself is this rat or mouse, I am not sure, some type of rodent and I guess he is very entertaining as the kids were all screaming in delight for seemingly nothing.
The people working there were very friendly and they tried to help you with ordering, seating or sticking their fingers in your ears for you if you, like me was carrying a toddler and needed my hands for that.
The place is about as noisy as I assume the volcano Krakatoa was as it was erupting and destroying much of the ancient world. If I had my 2 I Pods with me, I would have blasted Lady GaGa and the Rolling Stones in my ears at the same time to quiet it down.
But Greta enjoyed it immensely and that is all that matters. Yes, I am old.