Broken On Delivery!!!

Oxylebius

Once you have a cracked tank, it's got to be repaired before it can be used. The cost of the piece of glass is often more than the original price of the tank. It's also a massive amount of work to remove the bad piece of glass and install a new one.

You might give it away if someone wanted it for a planter or willing to invest the time and effort to repair it. However, I think your better off just getting rid of it.

Or a reptile tank!

Mike Bivens

New tank is in and all is good. Looks like everything is holing up. They only thing I have not checked yes is the sump. But can't check it until I add the rock and sand. The amount of water it displaces should fill up the sump. I decided to mix the salt in the tank. Seemed the easiest way because I can only make 75 gallons a day so took almost 3 days just to make the water,

Pat24601

Just added the live sand, Should skimmer be on? Or will it be removing all the good bacteria?

It doesn’t remove the good bacteria, but you also don’t have a bio load for it to do anything yet.

You can leave it on or off. When I first did my tank I left it on in partly just to get used to fidding with, which really didn’t help since I didn’t have an established bio load yet. :).

When I set up tanks now, I leave it off as there is really no point to having it on I can think of while cycling.

Also, we need pics!