bristleworm in a pico tank

Gfoot2000

so i bought a live rock today for my 5gallon tank im setting up and i can already see 2 bristlewroms on it, i know bristle worms can get to a foot long but i doubt itll grow that big in a pico but should i leave it in the rock or should i remove them concerning their potential size in a 5 gallon tank?

Smokey301

I dont think you have to worry about the worms, theyre good scavengers and since you got the rock in the tank already I bet theres already some in the substrate so manually removing them now is going to be a feat in itself

Robzilla

The more food there is, the faster they reproduce and the bigger they get. Watch how much you feed the tank and the issue can solve itself. Keep in mind that a fish's stomach is only about the size of their eyeball, so you don't have to feed much at all.
I feed my fish a little bit of food once a day and a LFS by me feeds a pinch every 2 or 3 days and their fish are very healthy.

If you can manually remove them, go for it. Make sure you wear gloves tho or you could get stung....happened to me a few days ago and it isn't fun.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I think you can by some dips to shake them off the rock.....might be worth a shot but wear gloves!!!