Bristle worm??

shyeep

Need confirmation it is what i think please(sorry about the rubbish photo)

Sheep

Attachments

• untitled1.jpg
    untitled1.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 126
  • HPIM0705.jpg
    HPIM0705.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 86

sarah

it is a bristle worm :) good for the tank as they eat all the rubbish in ther...but dont touch with bare hands as they will stick you with the bristles and can make you ichy

Sarah xxxx

bigsmokeshowjoe

bristle worms can be bad!! when get to be 2-3in. can-will eat coral and i have seen them eat -kill fish if you can kill it now befor it kills somethig use hermits crabs to clean your tank by the way a arrowcrab will eat them.

TalkingReef

bigsmokeshowjoe said:
bristle worms can be bad!! when get to be 2-3in. can-will eat coral and i have seen them eat -kill fish if you can kill it now befor it kills somethig use hermits crabs to clean your tank by the way a arrowcrab will eat them.

this is VERY uncommon. there are actually only a few species of bristle worms that will eat coral, adn they will need to get much bigger than 2-3 inches to catch a fish..

i keep them in my tank, and i know hundreds of peopel who have them..
you shoudl be fine...

besides, they are almost impossible to get rid of without killing everythign in your live rock and sand bed.

it should be fine.. i have never seen or heard anyone "first hand" that has had problems with them..

Newt

TalkingReef said:
this is VERY uncommon. there are actually only a few species of bristle worms that will eat coral, adn they will need to get much bigger than 2-3 inches to catch a fish..

i keep them in my tank, and i know hundreds of peopel who have them..
you shoudl be fine...

besides, they are almost impossible to get rid of without killing everythign in your live rock and sand bed.

it should be fine.. i have never seen or heard anyone "first hand" that has had problems with them..

I agree, I've never encountered a problem with bristleworms eating corals, and we have tons of em' at work.

Jason

BoomerD

Bristleworms are one of the most important members of your tank's cleaning crew. Once they get BIG, I usually remove them to a sump, but until then, I let them do their thing. Most often, if you see them munching on coral, it's because there is a dead or dying place on that colony. Same for fish, generally not till the fish dies, will bristleworms bother them...