Bringing new friends into Reef Sanctuary

Robz

Originally posted by kali77
Robie,
What up bro!! Great pics as always;) It was great to see you today. I will give you a call later this week. Thanks for the heads up on this sweet forum:D Johnny keep up the good work.

Gene

Gene, It was a pleasure!!! we just have to find time to get together more often!, this forum is like being home ;)
Hope you , Andrea and the kinds can make it next weekend to my place :)

Alberto , you have to see this tanks in person the pics do no justice ... although they came out nice :D ;) :D

John has definatelly expand and done an spectacular job with his tanks, the plumbing and the furniture of the 65 is impressive, Johnny you are the "Master Plumber" lol:D
thanks to you and your lovely wife Virginia for the great afternoon!!! see you guys soon!!!! ;)

Montanareefer

Has been struck by the ban stick
Thanks Robz for sharing such a beautiful group of people and will be a great addition to the RS family. Beautiful tanks and corals!:)

reefrunner

Contributing Member
OK, which one of ya'll is comin over to clean the drool off of my keyboard...photographer or tank owner?!?

WOW!!!

Gina

RS STAFF
Thanks for sharing his tanks with us! They are awesome!

Welcome Gene! I think you will like it here!

ReefLady

Staff member
Fantastic ... wow, nice. Is that *really* a 65g? Incredible. Beautiful stuff.

Thanks for sharing!

kali77

Vina del Mar,
Unfortunately I had to take my 120g about 6 months ago do to time and money. As you can see I have my hands full with my family. I did however pickup a 60g cube last month, just have not had tme to get it up and running.

Hopefully our good buddy Johhny(copps) will join in soon and give you guys a little more insight on his incredible setup.

Thank you all for welcoming me here to this wonderful site.

Gene

copps

Hello all! Robie first of all Virginia and I thank you for everything, including the invitation to Reef Sanctuary. As always awesome pictures! Thank you to all at RS for the kind comments. As we all know the exchange of information and experience in this hobby is priceless. It was a nice day having you and Gene and family by.

My 65 gallon is still a work in progress. As with all reef tanks, especially sps, there is only so much we could do before we let time take it's place and the tank grow. Some basic specs are...

65 gallon AGA reef ready 36" long 18" wide 24" high with a standard 20 gallon frag tank

lighting - 2x250 watt DE 10k ushio on Ice Cap E-ballasts with 3 75 watt URI actinics on an IceCap 660. The 20 gallon has a 250 DE ushio also with 30 watts of actinic.

Protein skimmer- Euroreef ES5-3

Calcium Reactor- myreefcreations CR-2 dual stage

Nilsen Reactor- custom hooked up to auto topoff

Circulation- return from the sump is a MAK4 going to a 3/4" SS in the 65, and the other end of the T goes through a SCWD to the frag tank. I also have a closed loop on a second MAK4 going through a SCWD on the 65. Mucho flow!

I have a refugium plumbed in the tank also.

I will take pictures this week of the guts of plumbing if anyone is interested. Robie filled up I think 256 MB on his camera... thanks again buddy.

Feel free to ask questions on the setup.

Robie do you have a pic of the corner tank you could post?

I'll definately update here at RS as the tanks evolve more...

Thanks again for coming by Robie and Gene, and I look forward to seeing you next weekend...

Johnnny

Witfull

Rob. thanks for inviting such talented folks to our little corner. Gene and John,Welcome to Reef Sanctuary, i know i speak for all that we look forward to learning your tips and tricks and to share a laugh or two.

have fun here, no guests here, we are all Family!

Maxx

Johnny/Copps,
What is your lighting schedule/times?
I would love to see more pics of your set up and its plumbing configuration. Thanks for joining in the fun.
Nick

copps

Hey Maxx, my actinics go from 10:30 to 11:30... 13 hours, and the halides go from 12 to 10... 10 hours.

I will definately follow up in this thread this week with pics and more info. They will not be Robz quality, but I'll post them nonetheless. Thanks...

Maxx

I will definately follow up in this thread this week with pics and more info. They will not be Robz quality, but I'll post them nonetheless.
Its okay...we need more people posting pics that arent RobZ, Travis, or Witful quality....makes the rest feel better about our photo abilities.
Nick

maffu

This was awesome I am so much the beginner here... and all the pics I have to say are awe inspiring and motivating to get the basics right and keep learning... always!

NUGIO

ahhhhh....... inspiration and motivation the key ingridients to this wonderful hobby of ours.
Thank you for my daily dose :D

mnreefman

that 65 i think is the one i am posting about in another thread... anyway... thoes are some awsome tanks!