Breeding tank - the beginning

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Those are BEAUTIFUL Clowns :D
Hope OUR wait isn't too long for seeing lots of tiny clowns & how fast they grow :chair:

nivek

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Updated video. Clarkii clowns added last week and still a bit shy :)

[video=youtube;2O6iyWLGAvA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O6iyWLGAvA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

nivek

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Thanks SantaMonica :) Funny you should ask that as that's exactly what I had in mind - minimal water changes..maybe once a month type of thing.

Updated the sump LEDs today.

8699993251_f4ab24d32b_b.jpg

Updated videos of the clowns.

[video=youtube;d689pROKDiM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d689pROKDiM[/video]

Last edited:

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I like that picture! Your clowns look HaPpY :D ....Happy clowns might make babies quicker ?? I've thought about finding a very small clay pot to hide behind my rock scape for my clowns. It might even make them leave my Dwarf Cherub Angel fish alone for a while so his tail fin can grow all the way back. Do you think the tiny little clay pots are reef safe? Hummm :ponder2:

nivek

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Thanks Diana and yea they seem to be enjoying themselves. As for the claypots, yes they're reef safe as I've seen some breeders here, placing claypots in their reef tanks. Alternatively you can try floor tiles.

nivek

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Upgraded my main lights to Zetlight 2421 x 2 combo unit with programmable light mode. I can now remove my moonlight and timer as this new LED will handle all the light modes from dawn to night.

On a side note, the male gold stripped maroon has started with the pre spawning cleaning ritual in the flowerpot.

8725403364_4ea04d9bd3_b.jpg

[video=youtube;7iQLPbY2WxE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iQLPbY2WxE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

nivek

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
haha good one guys. Bit the bullet and bought a chiller 2 days ago. My temperature now ranges between 26-28 degrees instead of 29-31 degrees previously :banghead: Had a false alarm today when my maroons started their spawning runs on a spot next to the flower pot, taking turns to wiggle on that area. Didn't see any eggs come out though. Should be expecting the real thing soon in the coming weeks.

8737012931_e462096a7d_b.jpg

nivek

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Wasn't too happy with the bare look, I've now converted each section into a mini reef. Reused my initial LED lights running only blue to compliment the existing LED setup. Hopefully its not too bright for the nems.

8888347104_7cfe1614ee_b.jpg

Let there be light!

8887820485_c2ded742f7_b.jpg

Zoas added

8889405703_3268f68740_b.jpg

8890039200_54f5461016_c.jpg

Last edited:

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Pretty Zoas Kevin! :snshne::flower:
I don't see the clay pots, did you take them out?
My clowns still love their mini-size clay pot. Just wish the snail would stay out if it :yup: