Breeding Bicinctus info

dexterd

I have a pr of 2 strips that are breeding. Does anyone know about the larvea stage on this species. They are (unfortunatly) laying on the glass and have not converted to the pot. Days to hatch? Days to bbs? I know maroons go to bbs on day 3 which i am working with now. and they hatched at day 6.-7. So wondered if bicinctus where the same. Also have a pr of chrysopterus that look like they may lay soon. The female has eggs and is in a reef tank. I have snaggers built for the tank. Just wondering if anyone had experience with these fish or do I have to figure it out....
Thanks in advance
Teresa

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
It has been awhile, but I believe that all clowns, bicinctus included, gestate for similar periods. I think the big difference for the two stripes is that the female can lay many more eggs than other species.

Woodstock's percula guide may help. She has a lot more experience than I at raising clowns

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/livestock-breeding/32474-rearing-picasso-percula-clownfish.html

A couple of good reference books is the Conditioning, Spawning, and Rearing of fish with an emphasis on Clownfish, and the complete illustrated breeder's guide to marine fishes

dexterd

I have read everything i can get my hands on and nothing in reference to the bicintus. Including conditioning spawning and rearing.... I would think someone has some experience with this fish. The larva are large, like the maroon but it is day 7 and they do not appear to be turning silver. I will probably miss this hatch and count the days to the hatch. I am also going to cover the glass they are laying on to see if i can get them to lay on a tile or other surface. They do not seem to be taking to the pot. They seem to prefer the smooth surface of the glass. That is a problem for pulling, which i prefer to do and force hatch.(of course they have to be ready..)
Teresa

dexterd

I now have 5 day old baby bics they are doing great and acting great. I am going to start them on bbs tomorrow. It was a small nest. I probably have around 50-60. I finally got them to lay on the pot, only I did not know it was there and had to guess on the day to hatch. I also acquired a pr of Akynidos and a new pr of Chryos that are doing great....I am very pleased...I may have a pr of rods that are about to lay to . Seems everyone is in a laying mood except my clarkis which I need to breed....Must be those hbh bricks i put in the sump. Or just luck.
Teresa