Brain coral help

I've had a brain coral for several months with no problems. It opens and feeds properly and looks great. However, besides the sand there isn't a good place for it in my tank. So I gave it to my brother and it was fine for about three weeks, then overnight it started massive bleaching. It still has 2/3's of it's normal color, in mixed areas. My question is, since I've got it back now, can they come back? If so, what's the time table?

AndtheBonus

I can't help you on this one but im sure someone will come by soon and give you some good advice! Here's a little :bump: for ya though!

coleBB

had the same problem, depending of the type of brain you should be good mine took about 2 months to completly come back to original color.. what are you feeding it?

XBwlr

Yea... they can come back.
My red one lost more than that once.

As far as the time it takes... I don't know... IIRC mine was a few months to look "normal" again.

I feed it live brine shrimp and coral food mix. I've found it likes large food. It was doing great until I gave it away. Now I'm glad to here they can come back. By the way, it still has all green, and some of the brown.

CATALYST

I would say a couple months too. Feeding it a little more should help it come back. I fed mine 1/4" size hunks of scallop or shrimp. Sometimes it's easier to feed them after lights out.