Bought a poor condition rsm250 :(

The Proj

Sweet glad I didn't and didn't use any water from my biocube either. Although I did permanently borrow 30lbs or so of live rock from it.

I did become a little in patient after rewiring the t5 sockets and trying to get them mounted to the metal bracket so I bought a current marine orbit led which I'll probably need two later on. This sucker is surprisingly bright and two LFS were using them on corals.

Started on the ballasts removals and will be working on some rewiring to have the ability to utilize the two switches next to the timer, eliminate the fuse and timer.

Using:
Red Sea Coral Pro Salt
Red Sea Test kit
Red Sea Mature start kit

Yesterday before the live rock
ammonia .8
Nitirite .2
Nitrate 50
PH 8.2
dKh 12

Still need to get the skimmer figured out and dialed in but hopefully it's because my water level is a little low. Saw this as a potential issue in one of the links provided earlier.

Tested the chiller by recirculating the water in a garbage can. Set the temp to 67 so I could easily tell if the water got colder or not. In less than a hour I went back outside, placed my hand in the garbage can, and pulled out my frozen hand quickly. So yeah I'd say it still works!! Yaaay.

I may actually need it as my water temps rose to 88 F ( 6am it was at 78 F ) but that is with no hood ( so no fans) and the LED light sitting on the rim inches from the water or the skimmer not running correctly.

Only pic I have thus far sorry
yijKdKh.jpg

33yWIsx.jpg

newo11

Great job so far. As long as there were no huge scratches, I think you got a great deal. Congrats on getting that ballast re-wired.

I also bought my tank used almost 3 years ago. I ended up pulling out all of the wiring in the hood and just retrofitted to LEDs on a controller. I eventually replaced all three pumps and pulled out the heater when I found out it really wasn't necessary. The great part about these tanks is that you can get replacement parts fairly easily. Looking forward to seeing this progress