Blue throat trigger not eating

PolishXpress

Got a m/f pair of blue throats 3 weeks ago yesterday and my male still isnt readily eating. Matter of fact up until last weekend he was firmly lodged into the rockwork continuously and would not come out. Left for the beach a week ago and was certain id return to him being dead or near death. To my surprise he was front and center in the tank and paying no attention to any onlookers. 2 hours after acclimation my female was eating. After 2 days she was eating from my hand and squirting water at me in haste. After she was fully "at home" she began to pick on and chase him quite enthusiastically which was not conducive to his own settling in process so I decided to put her in the fuge. After a week and a half there was no improvement from him and we were going out of town for the weekend so I decided itwas best to put her back in the dt. Hence the reason why I was so shocked to see him swimming along normally without any unwarranted shy behavior. She does occasionally still give him a quick run around the tank but they're usually swimming in tandem or at least close proximity. He is out and about all day and looks intrigued while the rest of the tank assumes feeding frenzy mode but isnt actively feeding even as flakes, pellets, krill, mysis, table.shrimp, and a reef blend float past him. No lethargy or visible signs of distress comparatively other than he's not quite as enthusiastic in his movements as my female. So...... 3 weeks not eating, what should I do, and is it time to worry? Thanks in advance.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Sounds like the aggression is slowing down. Have you thought of buying live brine shrimp to get him eating? That is a good way.