Blue spot help fast

reefhusker

After digging out my dead sea hare from behind the rocks and in the back of the tank, my BSJF finally came out of his burrow after 2 days. (Just got him Saturday) Unfortunately the back half inch of him was white and he was swimming oddly. Just 5 hours ago I got him to eat with a turkey baster and Rods food. Now he wont touch food.

UPDATE -(15 min later) I went downstairs and he was swimming like a madman across the top of the water. Appears he is jogging laps as fast as he can. I think he is badly sick. Any suggestions??
Ammonia, NitrIte, NitrAte all 0, Ph 7.8-8.2 (cant tell on the colors)
Red Sea Max 250 65 gal.
Two B&W clowns in tank doing wonderfully
Will post a pic here soon!

reefhusker

I don't know much but isnt there a dreaded white spot disease or something? Look like that?
DSC00563.jpg

lcstorc

I know this is a rather late response and I hope the fish made it. There was a white spot disease/infection/parasite that was taking out a lot of bluespots a couple of years ago but this is the first case I have heard of recently.
I hope it has not come back as many blues died from the disease. To the best of my knowledge the cause and cure have never been found.

FrankenReef

I hate to bump an old thread but I have searching all over the net trying to figure out what my bluespot, Drake, has. It looks just like this dreaded white spot disease. Do any members have any suggestions for treatment? I dabbed the spot with peroxide and put him in a QT with coppersafe, melafix, and hyposalinity of 1.018. He has been in QT for 5 days and does not look very good. I am considering trying either microbe-lift by herbtanna or ich attack by Kordon. I can not find Formalin anywhere but Ich Attack is 3% Formaldehyde and like 4-7% Melachite Green I believe. Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks,
Ryan