Blue spot died after 2 months

Crackem

Water parameters were good and he was doing great. He was eating like a pig. He moved his home around a few times But seemed happy where he was. About 2 days ago he stopped eating and I tried to spot feed him earlier today cause I saw him deep in his burrow. Then I lifted up a small rock and saw him dead. I have a lot of fish in the tank and nothing that picked on him. I feed my fish around 2 cubes of gut mysis a day plus a little cyclopeeze. Sometimes I will not feed them for a day because I don't want to overfeed. The first cube goes pretty quick in about 30 secs. Then 2nd mysis cube takes about 1-1:30 min and it looks like some of it goes to waste. Is it possible that I starved him?

steved13

PREMIUM
:( sorry for the loss.

About the starving We'd need to know...How large is your tank and what other fish are there? If you said you saw him eating everyday, and he was fat, it's hard to think he was starved. I know the recommendation is to feed bluespots everyday though. No personal experience here though.

lbiminiblue

Water parameters were good and he was doing great. He was eating like a pig. He moved his home around a few times But seemed happy where he was. About 2 days ago he stopped eating and I tried to spot feed him earlier today cause I saw him deep in his burrow. Then I lifted up a small rock and saw him dead. I have a lot of fish in the tank and nothing that picked on him. I feed my fish around 2 cubes of gut mysis a day plus a little cyclopeeze. Sometimes I will not feed them for a day because I don't want to overfeed. The first cube goes pretty quick in about 30 secs. Then 2nd mysis cube takes about 1-1:30 min and it looks like some of it goes to waste. Is it possible that I starved him?
I had the same problem with yellow head!! Pretty scary, mine probably got killed by a pistol shrimp, but I never found the body...hoepful as it sounds, he could still be living in the back of my tank...(after 3 months??)