blue ribbon eel problems

if you get to feed it, it'll be a big accomplishment! ribbon eels in general don't adapt well to aquariums because they reject food. I bet it's beautiful thought, I wish i had one! I just read more cons than pros with this beauty... sorry

Anyways, a lot of people try it all, from frozen to live food, pellets, etc. Start with whatever you can get it to eat try it all, i've heard someone got it to eat all their hermit crabs by accident, but pray from there that you can feed it more and more, good luck!

smoothie

My bud had to force feed his twice a week for the first 2mo because of how worn down it was from the lfs. Got it eating gut loaded mollies first and then switched in regular frozen krill and silverside chunks

DaveK

As you can see from the previous posts, this is a fish that is in the category of almost impossible to keep. IMHO, this is a fish that shouldn't even be sold. If possible, return it to your LFS.

crustman

I would try pieces of squid and shrimp, scallop slices and maybe some live food like grass shrimp. Do more research. Try a turkey baster with different food items. Good luck.