Blennie swims on top

Jetbkk

I just bought a new blennie today and it is only swimming around the top of the tank for the last few hours. Is something wrong with him? I thought that it would be in the sand most of the time.

There is one other blennie in the tank that is acting normally..

Yeah it's important to know what type of fish you have. My Midas Blenny for example is ALWAYS out and in the middle to top of the tank almost all day.

Jetbkk

One of the problems with living in Bangkok is that the staff don't often speak English and can't tell me exactly which variety of fish I am buying -- so I will probably have to post a photo for you to know which Blennie I have. It is not a Midas, though.

In the evening (when lights are out) it sleeps on the bottom, but the rest of the time it is always on the top.. and seems like it almost having trouble breathing and its mouth is very near the surface. I thought it would die, to be honest, but after 2 days it is still the same.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Jetbkk

Unfortunately this morning the blennie was dead when I checked the tank.. so there was obviously something wrong with him from the start.

Thanks for the comments..