Black/white and Orange/white occelaris clownfish spawning?

Do some research on the best food , so that the eggs are healthy. Also do not stick your hand inside of the tank because the clowns may bite and I've heard that sometimes they can draw blood! Mean little buggers!

PIMPALA

in that little tank, with those other inhabitants, dont get too excited about the eggs/fry being anything other than fish food.

biocubeboy97

Its amazing that the clownfish can draw blood when they're so tiny compared to us! I was actually planning on getting a net nursery to put the fry in once they lay eggs and hatch so they don't become fish food, but they might eat the eggs right away with the sixline wrasse and hermit crabs as you said in the post above me.

Those cute little fish are not always as nice as they look! I would hate it if a full grown female clarkii attacked my hand , that would hurt very much!

biocubeboy97

Ooooooh Thank you for the info clownfishfan, and yes, I don't think I would like to get bitten by an adult female clarkii clown attacked me. It would be hilarious if my sixline ate the eggs/fry and became overweight. Right now my clownfish are attacking anything that goes in their corner, are cleaning stuff off the sand/rocks and I haven't seen any eggs yet.

They may lay soon , and skip trying to raise the first and second batch they tend to be very poor and they probably wouldn't survive.

I think I read somewhere that they need brine shrimp in their diet but to much makes the eggs so tough they fry can't hatch , so you need to reasearch the food properly!

AllenC

If you have any ?'s please let me know, I was just like you starting out, I now have had over 300 fish living through meta. and Selling Good. They are very healthly and really not as hard as people are making in out to be. So let me know if you have ?'s about raising them or where to get the supplies and what you need.