black volitan lionfish

jay419

hello all i have a lionfish id like to see or trade he is about 8in long maybe a bit bigger very beautiful fish id livke to get 50 cash or 75 trade if interested let me know here is a pic of him.
lionfish5.jpg

jay419

thank you goddess and babies he is beautiful i hate to get rid of him but im kinda limited to only buying large fish now so im kinda kicking myself in th a== now for getting him

everyonce in a while i open this post up and stare. i've even considered starting a tank just for him, i'd name him Mushu. what size tank would one hypotheticaly need?

jay419

i would recomend at least a 40gal if he is by himself withsome lr
he is a bit bigger than that now that pic was taken 6months ago
he is about 2 in bigger
if you know the length of a theo 300watt heater he is a little over half the length of the glass part

i would recomend at least a 40gal if he is by himself withsome lr
he is a bit bigger than that now that pic was taken 6months ago
he is about 2 in bigger
if you know the length of a theo 300watt heater he is a little over half the length of the glass part

A 40 gallon for a Volitan Lion??? You have got to be kidding. That fish can get up to 16" long. Yes they do perch alot but that would just be plain cruel. Not to mention the amount of waste those fish create. You need to do your research first before you sell a fish with uniformed information. They need to be in a tank at least 75 gallons & I dont even agree with that. Mine was in a 125 & to me it needed a bigger tank. They do need swimming room too.

Damn, I just picked up a 90 half moon, hoping i could put him in there. what the heck am i going to do with this tank now? ...I could reef it, but it's kinda deep... anyone want to buy a 90g half moon? LOL!

jay419

look all i said was i would guess a 40 gal for just him he is in a 90 now
if u want him buy him if not dont you dont have to get an attitude with me

beachbabies the 90 half is plenty big enough for this fish let me know if your intereted

i need to make a stand, and then cycle the tank. if i use sand from an existing tank, established live rock, and filtered ocean water, how long do you think the tank needs to wait? On the other hand, this is the biggest tank we'll be able to do, so if he does get bigger, I won't be able to keep him. The internal struggle is killing me! I have the ability to deny my kids toys and treats, but wave something pretty to put in my tank, and I can't turn away!

jay419

when i set mine up i used some sand and rock from my buddies tank and i waited 4 weeks just from what i read each tank is different