Best way to remove a fish?

Lewik

What is the consensus method for easily removing a fish?

I'd like to remove a firefish from ye old tank, but the little guy is quick!

greene394

Sorry, but there is NO easy way to remove a fish at all!! I removed a Lawnmower Blenny at one time and had to remove all most EVERYTHING out of my tank to catch him. He actually hid in a rock at the very bottom of the tank and would not come out. The way we got him out was to remove the entire rock out of our tank and he fell out in a 5 gallon bucket. And yes the firefish are supper quick! I have no good idea, its going to stress it out and other fish in your tank. How come you are removing it?? Is it really needed to remove it??:bugout:

cindyp

Sneek up on em!! I would take the top off your tank so theres nothin in the way lay your net in the water let the fish get used to it being there for a couple hours then feed the fish and as they are all having a feeding frenzy swoop em up!!!:yup:

lcstorc

A fish trap. They really do work. It takes some time and patience to get the fish you want to trap but it works great and doesn't stress you or the fish.

lcstorc

I think my arm would fall asleep with that one.
Mine sits on the bottom with a trap door and a string.

reef dummy

A size 30 or less fly fishing hook that is barbless caught a very hard to catch skunk clownfish out of my aquarium.

greene394

Cool, I have to get a trap now and train my fish. I just feel like my fish are way to skiddish for that. Maybe it will work...who knows?

Sapphire

Michael cb 125 - that is a great tidea - wish I had thought of that when we had to remove our flame angel - I think we pretty much dismantled the tank to get him out. We tries the net in the tank with food etc but he was just too quick

michael_cb_125

I like to do this will all my fish. It makes it so much easier to catch them if I need to Treat them, or move them to another tank.

Start by hand feeding, then once they realize you will not hurt them, try the box. It only took me two days to get my angels to eat from the box.

~Michael

marine281

Coke bottle did it for me when i neeed to get some yellow gobies out, more luck & timing than anything else..

Will a fish trap work for a firefish? they spend most of the time in the current. Always worth a shot I guess!

lcstorc

My fish trap is pretty tall but the ones that aren't can usually be hung over the side to trap the fish that stay higher in the water.