Best underwater camera?? Im in the Bahamas!!

Hey guys,
Im in the Bahamas right now and planning on going diving Friday, what is a good underwater camera that i can get here just to go take a few pics diving?
I dont want to spend alot of money!!
thanks
brad

funkpolice

wow, I wish I was in the bahamas. I bought my wife a Olympus Stylus 770 sw before we went to Hawaii. I thought the pictures came out great, and it's pretty easy to use in manual mode. I think it was about 300-400 bucks. Have a great time, can't wait to see some pictures.
bill

ill take pics above the water, but ill try get a waterproof case or waterproof camera..
im staying at Atlantis.. I have a comp so ill keep yall up dated!!

ReefLady

Staff member
You're just teasing us, right? Sheesh. 29f and snow tomorrow. Pbbbtttt.

Okay, nevermind, this is just a bump. I have no idea. Most disposables are only good for 10 feet max. Anything more than that gets spendy.

joephys

True diving cameras are pretty pricey. The best ones are regular SLR cameras with a case and strobes, but you are looking at a few thousand bucks for that kind of setup. The best deals are going to be found at at online dive shops.

For a cheap dive camera your looking at around 300 bucks. Here is a link.

Scuba diving gear Cameras Our Most Popular Digital at Scuba.com

If this is your first time diving, I would forgo the camera this time. Diving is a lot of work (although they won't make it seem like it) until it becomes second nature, and you don't want to kill yourself because your fussing around with a camera.

oh ive been on 5 dives... im not certified yet, but hoping to do so next year!!
i guess its kinda late to get a camera for underwater, but ill just take other pics!!
thnks!

I have a Sony Cyber Shot with a water proof housing. It worked great when i went diving in Mexico. It was very easy to use and the pics came out great. The camera runs about $350 +or- some and the housing was $99