Best place to buy pods?

drumlife05

Hello everyone-

I recently bought a scooter blenny and I am looking to increase my copepod population so I have lots of food for her. Anyone know any good places to buy some?

Choff

All of the above. My hope was to establish a colony in my fugue and ft, but it's never worked out that way. I have 7 leopard wrasse and mandarin in my DT so they don't last long there. Speaking of, I'm overdue to place an order. The kiddies could use a treat.

drumlife05

All of the above. My hope was to establish a colony in my fugue and ft, but it's never worked out that way. I have 7 leopard wrasse and mandarin in my DT so they don't last long there. Speaking of, I'm overdue to place an order. The kiddies could use a treat.

Thanks for the heads up on GYP, Choff. I overnighted 1000 pods off their BOGO deal ("free" porcelain crab, woohoo!). Apparently they've been delivered already. Gotta hurry up and get home! I'll let you know how they work for me.

drumlife05

Got the bags yesterday. Lots and lots of pods swimming around...very well packaged. Dumped some in my sump (which got blasted into the DT shortly thereafter), in my display, and in my quarantine tank. Haven't had the chance yet to see if my scooter blenny is munching on them. Do pods generally hide in the sand/rock during the day?

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Difference between amphipods and copepods so make sure you check on what you're buying. I'd seed a tank with copepods and I used gyp to feed my wrasses.

bazmackem

I bought 2 100ml firstbite pods from lfs. Was told to strain on kitchen roll then dab into tank... the only problem was there were a lot still on the paper - anyone have any other suggestions on how to place into the tank. I have an RSM130 (bought it used, kept sellers water and rock - had been going a long time. Ive only had for a month and a half but it seems to have a lot of pods/amphipods) 1 I have a new skimmer and there is a big gap in the back compartment (sump?) - can I put some in there so they breed and then make their way eventually into the main tank... or would the skimmer/pump kill them?

I also thought of setting up a pod tank using this...http://www.bmstores.co.uk/products/aquarium-complete-kit-253947

All this for my little mandarin!!