Best fish breeding book recommendations

seafansar

I'm wanting to breed my neon goby pair and want to do some research and learn how. I'm thinking of buying "The Complete Illustrated Breeder's Guide to Marine Aquarium Fishes" since it includes a section on gobies. Is this the best book to get?

Also I need to learn how to grow phyto and rots. I see Doni recommends "Plankton Culture Manual" by Hoff. I've already read Hoff's other book about raising clownfishes, and found it to be a little confusing. Is his plankton book easier to read? Is there a better book to get? One a little more updated?

I saw there are a few stickies on this forum that give some links to growing phyto and such. I haven't read over them yet, but are they enough to go by instead of buying a book?

Thanks a bunch!

Eldouble

The plankton book is like reading Withering Heights in Latin. Wilkerson's Clownfish book is a bit easier to comprehend. But the Complete Breeders book is a must if you are doing something other than clowns....

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
The best breeding book is just out by Matt

Matthew Wittenrich
The Complete Illustrated Breeders Guide to Marine Aquarium Fishes

seafansar

The plankton book is like reading Withering Heights in Latin. Wilkerson's Clownfish book is a bit easier to comprehend. But the Complete Breeders book is a must if you are doing something other than clowns....

Haha... good to know. Does the Complete Breeder's book cover growing phyto and such? I have a feeling it doesn't.

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
Well, there is 30 pages on feeding, nutrition and food culture systems with diagrams. I know there is a section on copepod and phyto culturing in that chapter. You should have both this book and Hoff's. Matt's book is pretty cheap at $30

seafansar

I just ordered Matt's book. I decided against the plankton book, cause if it's reads like their other book, I'll just get confused and discouraged. I know someone who's perfected growing phyto, so I'll ask him for help on that.

seafansar

I got the breeder's guide yesterday. Love it so far. It's very encouraging. I was surprised to see some of the fish people have already bred. The one that shocked me the most was a picture of a baby tank raised marine betta. It's so cute!