Best ATO System?

puffermike

I'm interested in getting an ATO for my system. It's about 150G with the sump included and the max head pressure is about 4.5ft. What ATO systems do you guys like the most? I'm looking for the best bang for the buck/reliable. So far I've read the best reviews on the Tunze but I wanted to see what RS has to say before I go ahead and buy anything.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I use the tunze and have zero complaints with it. I run it through vinegar every 6 months to clean it and it has been working well for the past two years.

I'm sure you could save money doing a DIY type thing but I prefer the out of the box option

Oxylebius

I have also been using a tunze for the past couple of years w/o complaint. I haven't cleaned mine w/vinegar (pump in rodi water so no issue w/buildup), but I have kept the sensor clean from algae and haven't had any problems.

StirCrayzy

[SUB][/SUB]Water jug over the sump with a float valve works for me . ;)

Sorry, I couldn't resist, I figured your lookin to compare powered systems, but I don't have any experience with those.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I think you have a few quality options out there. The DIY is going to be cheaper but has little resale value. Compare that to the established "products" out there that do. If that helps you at all:)

Most work pretty seamlessly with minimal maintenance.

Have to be the best invention for a tank though, such a tedious, manual task.