HELP! Best All in one tank on the market?

Adrienne

Hi, i would like to come and check out your tank as i still have some questions about maintanance, please le me know when it will suits? My cell is 0212480338, ta
Sorry, I haven't been on here since you posted this. Dd you still want to come look. I am around tomorrow Saturday but then away till Thursday night.

DaveK

Hi everyone,
so I have decided to go with Reefer Series 250 or 350

Can you please advise what equipment would you will get for the tank , dream choice and sensible choice?
LED lights?
2x Heaters?
Skimmer?
Return Pump?
Power heads?

At this point I guess control systems, dosing pumps , media reactors, chiller etc are not necessary at the beginning right?

I would like to have in the tank various corals LPS and SPS and fish.

The fish I would like to have and also those available in NZ are:

- Ocellaris Clowns
- Blue Tang
- Yellow Tang
- Humu Humu Trigger (small one)
- Powder Tang
- Goby
- Spotted or Green Mandarin (later stage)
- Copperband butterfly
- Chromis
- Blenny Lawnmower
- Spotted Toby

If there is any of these I should avoid judged by your experience, please tell me.

Looking forward get you advise guys.

The tank sizes your looking at are too small for most tangs. Tangs are big, dirty fish, that create a lot of waste. They also need a lot of running room. You might get away with a yellow tang in a 350, but even that is pushing things a bit. No matter what, don't add more than a single tang to a systems of these sizes.

Humu Humu Trigger is not a good choice. First off they will eat any shrimp, crabs, snails and just about anything else in the invert area. They also grow fast, and as they mature they tend to kill off any fish they don't like. They aren't quite as bad as some triggers, but many can will turn your tank into a system housing just the trigger.

A copperband can be an ok fish, but make sure it's eating before you take it home. Also make sure it's not going to get bullied by other fish.

The spotted toby, a type of puffer, will also eat most inverts in the system. Add with caution.

mferrara91

I have the RSM C-250 and couldn't be happier. Stay far away from Innovative Marine. Tanks are way overpriced and not very reliable, and I'm speaking from first hand experience. Red Sea has the best all-in-one aquariums on the market.

Lochinvar

Sorry, I haven't been on here since you posted this. Dd you still want to come look. I am around tomorrow Saturday but then away till Thursday night.
Hi , sorry i missed your post, pls txt me and i would like to organize viewing of your tank at your convenient time.

Lochinvar

The tank sizes your looking at are too small for most tangs. Tangs are big, dirty fish, that create a lot of waste. They also need a lot of running room. You might get away with a yellow tang in a 350, but even that is pushing things a bit. No matter what, don't add more than a single tang to a systems of these sizes.

Humu Humu Trigger is not a good choice. First off they will eat any shrimp, crabs, snails and just about anything else in the invert area. They also grow fast, and as they mature they tend to kill off any fish they don't like. They aren't quite as bad as some triggers, but many can will turn your tank into a system housing just the trigger.

A copperband can be an ok fish, but make sure it's eating before you take it home. Also make sure it's not going to get bullied by other fish.

The spotted toby, a type of puffer, will also eat most inverts in the system. Add with caution.
Hi, thanks for your advise. I agree, i have ruled out the tangs as the 250 or 350 seems to be too small tanks for them.
What trigger fish are peacefull and reef safe if any?

DaveK

Some people keep a blue throat trigger in their reef system. Even so, this is a big fish, and has a fairly large tank requirement, about 125 gal. They look ok, but don't have the fantastic colors of some of the other species.

Lochinvar

OK guys, couple more things to decide:

It will be Red Sea Reefer 250, considered the space and of course the wife factors.

Its hard ti find some recommended hardware for this tank so I will pass couple options and if you can point me in right direction here, please.

Return Pump : VORTECH M1 or ?

Powerheads: 2x VORTECH MP10W

Skimmer: VERTEX Omega 150 or REEF Octopus Classic 110 int 4"

Lights : VORTECH Radion XR30W Pro GEN3 or KESSIL AP700

Dosing Pumps, Reactors, UV Sterilizers etc will sort after its up and running.

All comment and recommendations welcome.