Berghia Nudibranch

foxsavage

I bought 10 of these little guys about a month ago. I put 5 into my DT and I put the other 5 in a 7 gallon tank with nothing but a sponge filter. I have a 38 gallon tank with live rock and lots of aiptasia pulled from the DT. Initially I had lights on the aiptasia but I removed the light because I needed it for a fuge I was setting up. I was having trouble getting the aiptasia off the rock to put it in with the Nudi's but I noticed when I removed the light they would crawl up onto the glass and I could easily just take them off with a credit card. They seem to eat about 1 or 2 aiptasia every couple of days I saw eggs on the plastic part of the filter the first day and I see lots of new spirals all the time, the Nudi's have at least doubled in size since I got them. I haven't noticed any difference in the DT since I added them. I hope to get enough babies to keep adding to the tank until the aiptasia is gone.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Yah! Keep us informed of the progress.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

DesertOrchid

Sounds interesting.... Hope they work out for you. Curious to see if they really do the trick getting rid of aiptasia..... I could use one in my nano tank that is kind of a isolation tank for the bullies right now.

foxsavage

2011-11-07_08-30-23_996.jpg

2011-11-07_08-30-54_354.jpg

2011-11-07_08-33-35_439.jpg

foxsavage

I just pulled this guy out of the refugium where he was floating on top, I didn't know they could do that. I thought they had all been eaten by one of my wrasses or crabs or shrimp but I guess not. I had noticed that the aiptasia is almost completely gone, I can only see 2 left and there were hundreds before. I thought it was the copperband eating it even though I hadn't seen him eat one, but this is evidence the Nudi's have been doing their job. The other Nudi's in the culture are at least 3 times the size of this one which is proof that this one is from a newer generation.
2011-11-27_05-06-34_444.jpg

foxsavage

I just found another one of these guys in the sump, they must be coming out because there's no more food left. I can't see any aiptasia left in the display now. They really sneak up on you, you don't notice anything for more than a month then almost overnight you don't see any more aiptasia.

foxsavage

I just found 3 more of these in my aiptasia culture. I've been siphoning out detritus from the nudi culture into there, I must've got some tiny ones too small to see. I'm going to have a bunch of these guys availabe, I still have plenty of aiptasia in the culture now but it won't last long with those guys in there. If there's anyone in my area that needs some I can hook you up. I'm in the 209.

knapp870

I would love to get some of these, however I am in KC,MO. Think they would ship? I would pay of course. :bluenod:

lcstorc

They can ship. I have bought them on-line before. Unfortunately my wrasse finds them to be a tasty snack.