Belize Dive Trip with Pics

LuckyInk

Reef Painter
Diving Belize is definitely something I would recommend to my fellow divers. While there, check out Hugh Parkey's Dive Connection. If you are lucky you will dive with Denroy and William on Jr's Boys. Our captain dropped us off first at Elkin's Bay. They explained that the bay was named after a local fisherman who lived on the bay and gave them the permission to dive his bay. This was a multi-level dive where we started out at 60 ft for 20 minutes. After that we would drift at 30 feet for another 20 minutes. This was a pretty dive, but the visibility was not as great as what we were expecting in Belize. Beautiful, none the less.

Banded%20Butterfly.jpg

Our second dive was at Chasbo's Corner. This dive was just on the edge of the atoll with a sheer wall down to 300 ft. The current was quick at times but wildlife was everywhere. Along with a HUGE Black Grouper we saw Cobia, Nassau Grouper and LOTS of nice, big healthy coral.

Nice%20Reef.jpg

You can check out the rest of the pictures at my Belize Dive Gallery.

Last edited:

Michiana

I was diving in Belize in 2005..... EXCELLENT is the only way to describe it...... Lots of life........ Lots of small sharks & rays.......... GORGEOUS REEF !!!! :thumbup:

Heading for Grand Turk this April !!!!!

BrothaWolf

Awesome pics! I just sent for a new c-card this morning ... mine went missing and Ive got the itch to dive! Your pics just made it worse!

aquaman3680

Awesome pics. WHat kind of camera nad lense were you using to get those shots?

Also what does it take to go diving?

Thanks for sharing
Matt