Believe it or not!!!

chuck116

Im starting to use carbon for the first time.When I rinse new carbon should i use ro/di water to keep harmful stuff out or is it a small enough amount that i dont need to worry about it. Thanks again..

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
rinse with ro/di to remove dust from the carbon, tap water is already dirty why waste the carbon on that?

metweezer

I wouldn't reuse carbon. I would replace it. Purigen is rechargable and more efficient than carbon IMO.
Steve

chuck116

thank you both . the carbon is new ,just to remove the dust. rinse with ro . got it. will look into purigen. thanks a bunch.

Reefreak

When its time to do a water change I just rinse my carbon in a bucket of aquarium water before I toss it

zy112

By just rinsing it there are still going to be impurities trapped in the carbon pores that will make it less efficient. I would replace it every time you run carbon.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
When its time to do a water change I just rinse my carbon in a bucket of aquarium water before I toss it

Why would you rinse the carbon before you throw it away? BTW, no amount of rinsing will reactivate exhausted carbon.