Before and After

Jerome

I took these photos at different angles, I just wanted to show the growth I have gotten in fairly short time. If you look at the purple tips and compare the first one you can see the difference...It's grown over an inch close to two inches in some parts during this time, though it's hard to tell at the angles. I figure here at least someone would appreciate it, since none of my friends are really reefers and don't get it.

Coral_2.gif

November 13

Fish_Tank_-_Jan_27_2007_thumb.gif

January 27th the base has grown so much it encrusted itself on the live rock

Jerome

I am using a Deltec 509 calcium reactor with a aqua controller jr to control the ph of the effluency coming out. DKH is 10.5 and Calcium 450

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Jerome said:
I am using a Deltec 509 calcium reactor with a aqua controller jr to control the ph of the effluency coming out. DKH is 10.5 and Calcium 450

Do you run the CR 24/7 ? Do you dose kalk ? What are you using for media ? Is there a fluctuation in the ph ? That is some very nice growth !

Jerome

I run the reactor 24 hours a day but the CO2 is controlled so it's turning on and off all the time to keep effluency of the ph at 6.2-6.3 which through trial and error I have found keeps the DKH at a constant 10.5 and the calcium at 450. With the data log function of the AquaController I can see the Ph of the effluency over time it makes it easy to stop slow fluxuations. I also run the effluency from the CR through a DIY media chamber with calcium carbonate in it to get rid of any excess CO2. I find it necessary to check the CR daily even though rarely do I see a problem, but if there is an inconsistancy with it I can correct it right away. Finally, my ph fluxuates very little 8.15 in the morning when I test it from about 8.35 at night when the lights go out. The Deltec brand CR all come with their own media which is specific for them because they are fluidized reactors.

I have a Deltec Kalkstirrer which I run through my LiterMeter. I have all replensihment water returned at night, which keeps the ph from dropping during the night hours. My aquacontroller turns on at LiterMeter at night and I have set at double what my daily evaporation amount. I check the salinity and can adjust the Litter by tenths up or down to keep my salinity at a constant 1.025 whcih have a smaller tank (50 gal) I think is very important.