Been Lurking in the shadows

FFMedic

There are many of these forums about. So far I've found 2 that seem worth my time. This being one of them from what I've read so far.

I've raised African and SA cichlids for many years and about a year or so ago decided to go SW. Started out to be a FOWLR but before the tank even finished it's cycle decided to go with a reef set-up, that was a 55g that housed probably more than it's capabilities. I've just recently finished setting up a 120g with a 55g display refugium.

Inhabitants include...

Skopas Tang
Blue Hippo
Mandarin Goby
2 Gold striped Maroon clowns
4" Coral Banded Shrimp
Several Carribbean cleaner shrimp
7-10 Emerald Green Crabs
2 Sally lightfoot Crabs
10-15 Bluelegged Hermits
4-6 Scarlet Hermits
6-8 Turbo Grazers
20-30 Ceriths
2 Queen Conchs

Coral...

Several colonies of Button Polyps
Various leathers
Frogspawn
Pipe Organ
Various Shrooms
Bubble Coral
Candy Coral
GSP
Soft star polyps
Yellow polyps
Galaxea
RTBA (the clowns' buddy)
And probably some other critters that I can't think of right now.

In the Fuge....

Mostly Caulerpa but some other macros. Various crabs and snails. Sand sifting stars...Thinking of adding a few other critters to the fuge, just not quite sure what yet.

:hallo:

Last edited:

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Welcome to Reef Sanctuary FFMedic!! Sounds like you have a beautiful aquarium. Got pics? :)

Where do you keep your pipeorgan in relation to your lighting? What type of lighting do you have? I think I am going to relocate mine a bit higher - it is currently on the bottom left corner; if it likes bright light.

FFMedic

Well, let's see if I did this right. Had to go in and resize the pic. Apparently 100k is the limit.

This is a pic of it...But it wasn't quite finished yet. There's quite a bit more macros in the fuge and the coral has matured quite a bit.

My hands shake to much to take a good pic. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

ReefLady

Staff member
Sweet setup! Welcome!

-And get yourself a tripod. Fixes those hand shake issues right up. :)

FFMedic

Woodstock said:
Welcome to Reef Sanctuary FFMedic!! Sounds like you have a beautiful aquarium. Got pics? :)

Where do you keep your pipeorgan in relation to your lighting? What type of lighting do you have? I think I am going to relocate mine a bit higher - it is currently on the bottom left corner; if it likes bright light.

Actually right now I only have pc lighting 2x96w 10k with 2x65w actinics.
But 2x250w MH with 2x96w pc actinics is in the works.

My pipe organ was about midway in the tank, and was fully extended all of the time. I relocated it a little higher and it doesn't seem to be as happy...I'm going to give it a few days to adjust and see what happens, if it doesn't seem to open anymore than what it has...I'll return it to a mid point in the tank.

Gina

RS STAFF
Hello and Welcome FFMedic!
I know I need reading glasses now! I can't see your tank! LOL
Sounds nice though!!