• I'm not a purist anything

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
There really are some nasties in the tank! I heard a story of a guy that when doing a water change sacked on the tube to start the siphon in his tank and got some water in his mouth, no biggie you think, turns out he had a hole in one of his teeth and a bacteria got into it. It ate half of his bottom jaw and had to have it replaced! Not very nice but we still love our tanks, we must be crazy LOL

I'm a cat person too, so you're preaching to the choir! Lol I sleep with my princess every night haha nothing more comforting than having a cat with you

Choff

Until they get hit by a skunk as mine did just the other day. That was awful.

...stupid auto correct

Diverjohn

He has some beautiful LIVE Sponges...also has lots of fish.
I'm with ya DaveK on people just "don't get it" when you point out & show them the corals that We take get pride in having. Most of the ones who comment on my corals think the GSP on the sand bed is "sea grass" :yup:
I usually just give up trying to get them to "get it" :hammerhea

Most friends and family that come over and look in the tanks ask if the coral is actually alive and growing. Then I have an uncle that has a tank come visit and he just goes crazy, but he has someone take care of the tank. So when I offer coral for his tank he gets excited but then realizes he doesn't know what to do with it. It's sad and I wish I could get him to take some stuff, but hey I get his hand me down equipment.

StirCrayzy

Great discussion!
I've designed my system with a low maintenance natural intent, and through experimentation want to figure out which animals will grows best under my conditions. my final result will be determine at a later date whenI run out of space to put corals and creatures.
Fish and corals and inverts all are part of my family pet plan, and we treat them all as we would any pets.
I'm a dog guy personally, but I don't like stepping in crap so until my boys are old enough to maintain a terrestrial pet, I'm 100% aquatic!