BC14 vs. AP12

Biocube 14 vs. AquaPod 12, which would you choose and why? Right now a new BC14 at DF&S costs $159.99 while an AP12 costs $123.99. I was going to buy my wife a used BC14 for $125 but for a few bucks more we can get a new one plus warranties are nice! She plans on keeping a pair of Ocellaris Clowns and a Rose Bubble Tip Anemone as well as various zoos, mushrooms and maybe a small softie or two.

lcstorc

With either one you are going to need to upgrade the lighting to keep an anemone. You also want to make sure the tank is well established (a year or more) before adding such a delicate creature.
I don't know enough about the two tanks to recommend either but bigger is better in SW. Dilution is the solution to polution.

GSELLERS

Has been struck by the ban stick
hunestly i like the biocube much better, the lid dont warp, not alot of recalls, and oceanic stands behind their work (except for their stands) the 2 gallons are wirth the extr $$. its like a little bonus :)

I will actually be taking water from my established reef tank to fill this new tank so I'm not to worried about the waiting a year thing. I also have seen anemones kept under 3w per gallon that are doing well...they may not grow as fast (in a Nano tank that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing) but are otherwise healthy so I'll take my chances there. Thanks for the replies!

lcstorc

Water is not what establishes the tank. Most of the bacteria we cultivate is in the LR and the sand.

Well, the Biocube 14 won out. We placed our order yesterday along with some black live sand (should really make the colors pop). We also will be getting the Nanotuners light mod (up to 72w) so my wife can keep her anemone.

ALW

Hello, I have the black live sand in my biocube and it looks great! Trying to post pics but.......it will work sooner or later!

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Hello, I have the black live sand in my biocube and it looks great! Trying to post pics but.......it will work sooner or later!

Hi - threads about 6 years old.....:) so you might not get a response!!!