Batten down the Hatches!

mps9506

Ok East Coasters, get ready for ANOTHER hurricane. I know here in Carolina we are have taken full notice of Francine. Looks like a major one. Hope it misses .
As a surfer I have also taken full notice of the wave forecast. Looks like we should get at least some overhead sets coming within the next couple days. Hope it still stays of the coast and just pumps in the waves.
But the batteries and air pump are ready for the storm. I know our wet ground can't take much more rain. I know the folks in Florida really want this to turn North.
Mike

RalphP

Hi
It looks like its coming straight for the treasure coast in Florida where I live Wish us luck

mps9506

This is nasty looking:
at200406_sat.jpg

at200406_5day.gif

Gina

RS STAFF
Good luck to everyone in Florida and the lower eastern states! We are thinking about you and wishing you the best! Stay safe!

Witfull

think about us too gina...it could easily redirect and come for us!

surf well and be safe all!!

mps9506

Folks in Richmond VA are still recovering from TS Gaston. Saw lots of downtown was underwater. the James river can do some mighty damage.Hope it stays out of yall's way esp.
Actually hope it misses us all togther, this is a nasty looking storm that will do some serious damage when it makes landfall.
Mike

Gina

RS STAFF
I sure hope it doesn't come this way! If I remember correctly, Isabell was last Sept and she did some damage around here. I saw Richmond on the news the other night and it looked like a war zone!

mps9506

Yeah, Izzy did a number up in richmond last year too. I think my boss's family didn't have power for two weeks after izzy.
Looks like the grunt of this storm will stay to the south, I wish you guys all the luck in the world, and again pray it misses everyone, although it looks like it will get some of us.

BoomerD

Well guys and gals, now that Frances is gone, but not forgotten, and many of you are still trying to get your lives back together, along comes Ivan, nicknamed "Ivan the Terrible" by many who've been through it already. Cureently upgraded to a category 5 hurricane, the worst on the rating system. Current predictions are for "him" to skirt along Florida's gulf coast and make land in the Pensacola area...If you are in this storm's track,secure everything as best as you can, make whatever preparations you can, then get the hell out...This mofo is supposed to be a nasty one...
You and your family are worth too much to take the chance on just to try to save a reef tank...Head for high ground or Chicago or wherever you need to go...

mps9506

Ivan looks horrible. Not only should people in the panhandle be watching this, but along the gulf coast from LA to the Keys better be ready to get moving.
at200409_sat.jpg

mps9506

I'm already watching the swell forecast for that one Jeepster.
Our forecast for the weekend looks great for surfing, hopefully this one will just sit off the coast.